Examples of Podcasts by Students and Educators:
New Teacher Hotline
Ideas on Podcasting use in Education
This is not meant to be a definitive list!
- Record lessons for students (and parents!) to access in their own time.
- Enable students to do a presentation about themselves rather than only sticking to PowerPoint!
- Create a short introduction to your school, or the course you run, for potential to access, and to let parents know what they can expect their children to be doing -- get student contributions too!
- Create a class radio station.
- Enable students to submit work in the form of a podcast.
- Create audio resources for use by sight-impaired students.
- Find and use podcasts as part of project research materials.
- Use foreign language podcasts to improve linguistic skills.
- Use podcasts to get an insight into another country's culture, or another person's daily lifestyle.
- Enable students to create dynamic presentations without the complexity of digital video.
- Subscribe to various podcasts in different subjects in order to provide extra curriculum resources at virtually no cost.
- Provide students with a different way of carrying out surveys in the local area.
- Create an audio blog of a school field trip.
- Create an enhanced podcast entitled "My summer holiday".
- Subscribe or listen to different podcasts in order to help students develop their critical faculties.
- Ask students to create a podcast to meet a real need, as part of a coursework project, for example for a local business.
Podcasting Tutorial: http://www.guidesandtutorials.com/podcasting-tutorial.html
Audacity Tutorial: http://www.guidesandtutorials.com/audacity-tutorial.html
Download Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Free Music for Podcasting:
- Garage Band: http://www.garageband.com/htdb/index
- cNet Free Music for Downloading: http://music.download.com/?tag=navtab
- PodSafeAudio: http://www.podsafeaudio.com/
- The Free Sound Project: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/index.php - devoted to sounds not songs. Does require registration.